Apple allows you to restrict which games and apps are available to younger children, based on an age rating system (see the detailed set-up instructions below.) If you're interested in the GameClub app supporting stronger parental controls, please let us know at email@example.com and we'll add it to our feature consideration.
For iOS 12 and later:
- Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
- Tap Continue, then choose "This is My [Device]" or "This is My Child's [Device]."
- If you're the parent or guardian of your device and want to prevent another family member from changing your settings, tap Use Screen Time Passcode to create a passcode. Then re-enter the passcode to confirm.
- If you're setting up Screen Time on your child's device, follow the prompts until you get to Parent Passcode and enter a passcode. Re-enter the passcode to confirm.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy.
- Tap Content Restrictions.
- Tap Apps. This page allows you to choose the cut-off rating for applications. For example, selecting 9+ will block any apps that have 9+ rating or higher (but will still allow downloads of apps deemed appropriate for children younger than 9).
For more details on Apple parental restriction settings, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304.